Monday, March 8, 2010

Fair Trade Lebanon in the Netherlands

"Mike van Londen, a man who understands the reality of our country, has contacted us in the hope of collaboration and support.

He chose to share a genuine story that cannot but reinforce our cause; “Since 2000, I frequently travel to Lebanon and have fallen in love with this country, the nature, its people, its culture. I saw how relentless the Lebanese are in rebuilding their lives and their land. For years, I am a witness of the hard life of a farmer, my father in law.
He works very hard to make sure that he has a rich harvest, but unfortunately, he faces every year the unfair regional competition. That is why I decided to do something for the Lebanese disadvantaged. After long and close examination, I have chosen Fair Trade Lebanon as the organization to which I will give my undivided attention. I strongly believe that Fair Trade is the vehicle that will give Lebanese agriculture the support it needs in order to allow producers to live decently.”

Therefore, we at Fair Trade Lebanon decided to join efforts with Mike and work together on entering the Dutch market and distributing quality “Terroirs” products."

The entire press release is available in Dutch here.


2 comments:

  1. We are working in Brazil with small growers and we would like to know what are the products and the regions that you operate in Lebanon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your interest, we have received your mail and will be contacting you with all the details.

    ReplyDelete