Still wondering whether or not you should register and book your flight to attend the 10th International Fair Trade Towns Conference (IFTTC) held next month in Lebanon?
To help you decide we listed down for you 10 amazing reasons why you should attend the IFTTC 2016 happening on July 2-3 in Baskinta; Well, there are far too many reasons to convince you but we only picked the best top 10!
- It is the first International Fair Trade Towns Conference held in a producer country of the global South; this event is definitely worth encouraging and being proud of.
- You will get a chance to meet Fair Trade Towns representatives from more than 17 countries (UK, Belgium, Japan, India, Poland, Germany, Kenya, Brazil, Peru, Canada, USA, Italy, Spain...).
- You will take part in discussions led by speakers from countries of the global South and hear perspectives from the producers’ point of view.
- You will get to know the Lebanese culture through rural dinners, traditional dances and many more surprises.
- You will fall in love with the famous and delicious Lebanese culinary heritage (Kebbe, Mankoushe, Moutabal, Hummus, Tabboule...the list is endless!).
- You will discover and walk around the mesmerizing streets of the Lebanese inter-religious capital, Beirut.
- You will visit the different Fair Trade Towns in Lebanon and meet the people involved in the Fair Trade Towns campaigns in Lebanon.
- You will see how Fair Trade can truly be a tool to build and reinforce bridges between different communities. Much needed in these difficult times!
- You will discover more about the growing Fair Trade movement in the Middle East…a powerful movement which emerged since more than a decade.
- Last but not least, you will meet new people from different cultures and backgrounds and get to spend some time with the wonderful and welcoming team of Fair Trade Lebanon!
For registration, conference program and extra packages, please check this link:Recommended deadline for end of registrations: June 15th 2016.
For more assistance and help, please email:
Miss Lory Bouchakdjian (email@example.com)
M. Benoit Berger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For local Lebanese attendees, Fair Trade supporters, university students, please call us (+961 5 952153) or email us (same addresses as above) to ask about customized fees and packages.