Friday, December 4, 2009

Fair Trade Lebanon, the show is on!

Created in 2006, Fair Trade Lebanon is an NGO that aims to improve the livelihoods of the most disadvantaged people in rural Lebanon through fair, sustained and direct transactions.
How we operate:

•Identify products with Lebanese uniqueness
•Search for small production units in remote regions
•Control and improve quality of the products
•Propose additional equipments and trainings
•Provide access to market
•Preserve in Lebanon the value added from food processing and packaging
I've been meaning to start this blog a couple of months earlier when I first started my internship, in September 2009, but for some reason I kept postponing it...Anyhow, this post is a very quick introduction because tonight we are heading to Jordan to participate in the First Arab Fair Trade Forum and I am a bit busy preparing our presentation! More info will be online real soon ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment