Saturday, May 21, 2011

Headed to Mombasa, KENYA!

So I left Lebanon today at 4:00 AM and headed to Mombasa, the second largest city in Kenya, renowned for its beautiful coastal view and its location by the Indian Ocean!


I’ve taken 3 flights:


Departure: BEIRUT -> to Doha, Qatar (3 hours) -> to Nairobi, capital of Kenya (5 hours) -> arrival to: Mombasa, internal flight (1 hour).


I got here at 4:00 PM, May 21st….total journey of 12 hours.


I’ll be staying in Kenya until the 28th and representing Fair Trade Lebanon at the 11th Biennial Global Conference of the WFTO.


I’m very excited to participate in this global gathering of worldwide Fair Trade actors. I’m also looking forward to witnessing the huge organizational effort that was done by the WFTO global office and the KEFAT NGO in order to put together the entire event. Not to mention, all the positive networking and outcome expected for Fair Trade Lebanon *fingers crossed*! J


More updates will be posted soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment